Dressing modestly doesn't mean you have to wear an Islamic Abaya or an Amish Plain Dress (although there is nothing wrong with these garments in and of themselves!). There is room for creativity and personal taste within God's perimeters. Here are five ways to spruce up the modest wardrobe without breaking the bank or bearing it all:
- Wear a high collared t-shirt, camisole, or tanks underneath v-necks or shirts with plunging necklines. Wear the tank backwards is it’s too low. Layers are cute!
- Scarves are your friends! They keep you warm, add color, personality, and versatility to an outfit. Plus, they’re cheap and help to cover your cleavage.
- Wear a belt with your jeans. This will keep them from riding too low when you bend over.
- Knee-length (or longer) skirts ensure your panties won’t be seen if you sit down. Pair them with leggings or tights to stay warm in the Winter.
- Avoid materials that enhance or reveal your form in great detail (spandex, Lycra, nylon - stretchy, slinky types of material). Denims, cottons, linens and wool knits instead.