Brad's Mom made this dish one night while we were living at their house during a stricter month of bed-rest. It is phenomenal in my humble opinion. I crave saucy, pasta dishes often but gluten-free ones that are actually delicious are hard to come by. I love this recipe more than any other pasta we've tried - the whole family gives it 5/5 stars!
Linguine with Garlic Sauce | Original recipe from Taste of Home
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine*
- 1/2 lb sliced bacon, chopped
- 5 cups fresh, baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 8oz. package of cream cheese, cubed
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
1. Cook linguine according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, fry bacon until crisp in a large skillet. Using a slotted spoon, remove cooked bacon to another dish and set aside.
3. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat. Saute spinach and onion in bacon fat until onions are clear and spinach is wilted. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
4. Add milk, cream cheese, butter, salt, pepper, and nutmeg and stir until smooth. Add pine nuts and bacon.
5. Drain pasta and toss with sauce. Serve 4-6 people.
*The original recipe calls for regular wheat pasta which we substitute with rice linguine to make the dish gluten-free.