This dish/spa cloth pattern is easy-peasy - perfect for beginner crochet or for those who need an inexpensive, practical, heirloom gift in a hurry! The pattern requires only 1.5 oz (68 yards) of medium weight cotton yarn, making it an ideal way to use up your scraps. Alternating rows of single and double crochet stitches add interest and texture to the cloth.
Finished cloth measures 9"x9". Machine washable and dryable.
- 1.5 oz (68 yards) medium weight (4) organic cotton
- 4.5mm crochet hook
- yarn needle for finishing off
Skill level: Beginner
Time: 1 hour
- Chain 34.
- Single crochet in second chain from hook. Work a single crochet into each chain stitch. (33 sts)
- Chain 1. Turn. SC into each stitch. (33 sts)
- Chain 2. Turn. Work a double crochet into each stitch. (Note: Chain 2 at beginning of row does not count as stitch)
- Repeat step 3 twice. (Two rows of single crochet)
- Repeat step 4.
- Continue repeating steps 5-6 (2 rows of single crochet, 1 row of double crochet) until cloth measures a perfect square (9"x9"), making the last row single crochet.
- Chain 8 to make hanging loop. Slip stitch into first chain and tie a tight knot.
- Cut yarn, leaving a 10" tail. Using yarn needle, weave end down through the edge of your cloth and fasten off at the corner. Trim tail.
Linking to: Holy-Spirit Led Homeschooling