If you love Indian cuisine, this dish will hit the spot while trimming your waistline! It's creamy, curryful (I just made that up), and very pretty too. Our whole family loved it.
Time: 30 minutes
Gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, dairy-free and Trim Healthy Mama friendly!
- butter or coconut oil (I use Nuvita or Tropical Traditions) for sauteing. You could also use coconut butter ghee.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp curry powder (or to taste)
- 1 small cauliflower, in florets
- 3 carrots, sliced diagonally (use broccoli for a THM S meal)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 cups cooked chicken, sliced in 2" pieces
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- Handful of spinach, chopped
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper to taste
Saute onion, curry, cauliflower, and carrots in butter or coconut oil. When vegetables are tender-crisp, and garlic and chicken and saute briefly. Add coconut milk and spinach. Cover and bring to a simmer. Season with sea salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
You can make this in the morning and keep it warm in the crock pot all day.
For Trim Healthy Mamas, you can serve eat this on its own or serve over a bed of greens for a delicious, Satisfying meal. For a Crossover, serve with rice or quinoa, or enjoy inside a low-carb wrap such as Joseph's.
In the interest of full disclosure, some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I receive an affiliate commission. I only recommend products I use personally. Your purchases through these links help support Growing Home. Thank you for your continued support!
Linking to: Raising Homemakers, Deep Roots At Home, The Better Mom, Frugally Sustainable, The Prairie Homestead, Stacy Makes Cents, Gluten-Free Wednesdays